"Plans et Journaux des Sieges de la Derniere Guerre de Flandres, rassembles par De ux Capitaines etrangers au service de France", Strasbourg; Chez Melchior Pauschinger, 1750.
25,5 204to. With 46 woodcut head- and tail pieces, table of the besieged towns, folding engraved general map of Flanders, and 25 folding engraved plans of each of the besieged towns by Funck, Weis, Striedbeck, Fonbonne, Lattré, and Deuland, some partly coloured. (8), 114 pp. Richly illustrated account of the sieges of Flemish towns during the War of the Austrian Succession (1740-1748). The work is dedicated to the French minister of War, the Count of Argenson, by Funck and D'Illens, two captains of the French army. The sieges are described in 24 Journals, one for each town, in chronological order, from Menin in 1744 to Maastricht in 1748. At the beginning the table gives a survey of the besieged towns, with the dates of the sieges, the days the battles took place, and the names of the leaders of the attacking and defending army. The map and plans are detailed and finely drawn, enlivened with cherubs, monsters, and other allegorical figures, ships, frogs, loving couples, soldiers, and some have additional artistic value, representing enlarged details drawn in perspective on one or two inset maps, rolled out under or over part of the general map of the town.